Sunday, February 25, 2007

windows had a fit

Around 5 days ago I got my mainboard back after sending it in for repairs, now when I really started to use my computer again I noticed that if I moved stuff to the desktop it would be locked, as in I could not move copy or open the thing(I do not remember the files being read only). the next day I found that the my documents folder was acting the same way and decided that maybe the other bits of my HD were fine but that my system needed a reinstall anyway.

So to start the reinstall i popped in a flash drive containing boot n nuke which consequently gave me an error 20% of the way through wiping(I think my SATA RAID was causing problems). after giving up wiping I popped in my windows automated installation DVD(love the auto install and if ya reinstall windows a lot I really recommend it) and waited. When I came back an hour later the system was ready to use. Now all I have to do is tweak the thing.

This is a story of windows bugging out and of the fast recovery that the auto install DVD gave me.


technorati tags:, , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: