Friday, February 02, 2007

Command and conquer

I have most probably already said that this is an cool game but now I own the command and conquer first decade. I mainly bought this for cnc tiberum sun and that is one of the best games in there, but I am reallying enjoying red alert too. The thing that really struck me about the older games is the full motion video and how well polished they all are. When I first set eyes upon the first GDI cut seen I was like, is this really a cut seen or is it a movie. The truth is that it is both, is turns out that Westwood (the game development company) hired actors for the cut scenes and in CnC 3 they have them again. As for how polished the game is they have really made the two sides have really different tactics and the game looks really goon (for the time).

    Now I do not want to make it sound like there are no bad parts to this game because there are some. The first is that the AI gets harder as you make the game speed faster, and the other one is that if your construction yard is destroyed you are dead. The game also has that annoying problem of ion storms but I think that adds more strategy for some advanced players.

    My rating out of 10 for this collection is

cost: 10

Fun: 9.8

graphics: 8

overall: 9.5

[any comments on spelling would be welcom]

Blogged with Flock

No comments: