Thursday, January 11, 2007

why the iPhone will sell

The iPhone released by apple on Tuesday the 9 fixes some of the major problems in not only smart phones but all phones. Until around a week before Christmas (when it got stolen) I had a RAZOR, this was a great phone but there was one problem, it was very complicated. For example contacts were hard to enter and it took me a read or two of the manual to figure out how to use the speaker phone. I also tried to use the hold function but I could not figure out how to switch between people. The RAZOR is also supposed to let you sink your contacts but I needed a mac (lucky for me I have one) and it had to use blue tooth and I had to re-pair the thing every time it got near another phone.

    Anyway you get the idea, the iPhone just looks so easy to use and there seems to be such good integration with the network which means things that the phones software should be able to do (like voice mail) are done by the phones software. And the thing can also switch to a wi-fi network for the Internet when available instead of using EDGE or EV-DO all the time. The one question I have is how much will using the mobile web cost.


Blogged with Flock

No comments: