Monday, May 07, 2007

Finally, net TV

Joost

Joost is a service founded by the creators of the world famous skype and it let you watch tv complete with ads over the Internet. Now you should know that I have been waiting and searching for this for as long as I can remember because I can not get cable and I think it will give broadcasters hundreds of possibilities for extra content like special features (which is built into the service) and letting the customer like you and me choose what show we want to watch. They already have a IRC (Internet relay chat) and time and a bunch of other things called widgets, one of my favorites is the news ticker. I think that joost may become the next Skype While joost is still in beta they have just opened up the beta program so that people can invite 999 people instead of 2. Although getting invited is the fastest way to get joost you can also apply for the beta from the joost website and a couple month later you may or may not get in (you probably will).

Now whenever I think of joost I somehow also think of zudio which is made by the people who make the azureus bit torrent client and is for downloading huge high definition video content. Zudio has much less actual content that you would actually want to watch but it does have a good bit of really good looking ads it could be said that it is just another approach to net TV. The thing that is really cool about zudio is that it is also a bit torrent client so you can use it to break the Internet (aka download stuff that requires bit torrent) and it is written in java which means it is cross platform.

I think I would use joost for watching net TV and zudio when I wanted to see really beautiful video.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: